Friday, February 2, 2018

Pretty Pink Posh | Valentine's Day Theme Week

Hi there! Stopping by with this card I shared over on the Pretty Pink Posh blog for the Valentine's Day Theme week. For this, I wanted to create something that would utilize the beautiful “love” word from the Love Shaker die.
Let’s start by gathering our materials, for this card I used the following Pretty Pink Posh products :
 
With our Love shaker, I have die cut 4 “love” words from Melon Mambo cardstock and have trimmed off the heart. To save paper, I cut strips just wide enough to fit the “love”.
Once those were trimmed out, I glued the “love” on top of each other to create a thick die cut.
From the Love Sentiment stamp set, I used the “All My Love”. I masked the “love” from the set with washi tape, inked the stamp, then removed the washi tape. I stamped the sentiment on the card base above of where I plan to place the die cut “love”.
Now it’s time to work on the card panel. First I wanted to stamp the darker of my ink colors, so using the solid hearts from Cupid Friends with Melon Mambo, which will coordinate with the “love” die cut.
For the larger hearts from the Love Sentiments set, I have stamped those in the following ink colors. SU Powder Pink, SU Melon Mambo, Pink Shimmer Delicata, Altenew Blush and Altenew Soft Lilac.
I felt this card needed some touches of gold, so I heat embossed the heart outlines from Cupid Friends in gold embossing powder. Since the gun was hot and the powder was out, I decided to create a dipping effect on the love die cut.
This was super simple, as I tapped the half of the die cut in embossing ink, covered with powder and heat set. To finish the card, I added a strip of gold washi and added a few Sparkling Clear Sequins.
I hope you like the simplicity of this card! I certainly did! The colors could easily be changed and the sentiments from Love Sentiments could also be easily interchanged.
Have a fabulous day! Join us tomorrow for another day of Valentine inspiration!

1 comments:

  1. Love this card! Wanted to get the smile die this past weekend to use in a similar way, but Impress didn't have it. Decided to order it along with the March release. Have you gotten a sneak peak yet?

    ReplyDelete