Monday, March 6, 2017

Simply Stamps | One Stamp 4 Ways| Part 1

Hi and welcome! Today I have a series post for SimplyStamps.com called One Stamp 4 ways in which I use one stamp set from the Simply Stamp site and use it in four different cards, with four different techniques. 

The stamp set I selected for today's series is called Happy Thanksgiving Daisies Craft Stamp.


I made this first card without a sentiment as I would like to make a set of them for gifts or to just add the appropriate sentiment at a later time.


To make this card, I started by first trimming my rubber stamp from the block and separating the two clumps of daisies. Next, with the Big Shot die cutting machine, I die cut a white piece of card stock to have the scalloped edging. Then using white embossing powder I stamped the images in embossing ink and heat set. Once that had cooled off, I used distress inks to color the background.

The white embossing resists the ink color and creates a fun effect. To finish off, I adhered the design to a white card base.  Now the card is ready for sentiment and/or embellishment.

I have created a video while making this card. Hope you enjoy!

Crystal


0 comments:

Post a Comment