Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Rainbow Card Series | Watercolor Edges | Unity Stamp Co

Happy day friends! Crystal here with my third  installment of June’s Rainbow series for my Color Combos with Crystal.  (Missed the first episode, click HERE  and the second one HERE) Nothing says summer quite like a rainbow!  I am so excited to be sharing this card made with  Wild Florals kit and sentiment from Friends Like You.

If you have not seen either of these sets yet, you should definitely check it out; I absolutely adore the florals for heat embossing.



On my project for this post, I started out with a white background base since I thought this would especially make those rainbow edge really stand out.



Let me tell you how I made this:

  1. I trimmed a white piece of cardstock to be my cardbase.
  2. Trimmed watercolor paper to be the same height as the front of the cardbase
  3. Repeatedly stamped the florals from Wild Florals using embossing ink.
  4. Apply white embossing powder and heat set.
  5. Using watercolors, dab color onto the paper and keep layering.
  6. Hand cut around one side of the florals.
  7. Heat Emboss in black "Hello Friend" from Friends Like You 
  8. With foam adhesive place a strip on the edge of the card base, and place rainbow florals
  9. Embellish with Pretty Pink Posh Gold Metallic Jewels


I of course made a video for this card! So please press play and let me know your thoughts!  I love seeing your creations on the Unity Show and Tell. Be sure to tag me!



Thank you so much for joining me!

Crystal

1 comments: