Tuesday, June 12, 2018

June Rainbow Series | Color Combo with Crystal | Episode 2

Happy day friends! Crystal here with my second installment of June’s Rainbow series for my Color Combos with Crystal.  (Missed the first episode, click HERE) Nothing says summer quite like a rainbow!  I am so excited to be sharing this card made with Look Up to You Birdie kit and sentiment from the same set.

If you have not seen this set yet, you should definitely check it out; I absolutely adore this stamp set. it's a smaller set, but quite fun to color!



On my project for this post, I started out with a white background base since I thought this would especially make those rainbow die cuts really stand out.



Let me tell you how I made this!

  1. Trim a white piece of cardstock to fit over cardbase.
  2. Using Distress Oxydes I blended from the top of the cardstock to the bottom in the following color order. Candied Apple, Pickled Raspberry, Wild Honey, Twisted Citron, Peeled Paint, Broken China, Wilted Violet.
  3. With Pretty Pink Posh Scalloped Edges die, I trimmed sections of of the blended cardstock.
  4. Using foam adhesive on rainbow panel cloud-like shapes, these were placed over the card base. Leave enough space for sentiment placement.
  5. Stamp sentiment from Look Up to You Birdie.
  6. Place colored and hand cut  birdies in between the rainbow panel with foam adhesive.


I of course made a video for this card! So please press play and let me know your thoughts!  I love seeing your creations on the Unity Show and Tell. Be sure to tag me!

https://youtu.be/fcWUEpOhwck

Thank you so much for joining me!

Crystal

0 comments:

Post a Comment