Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Rainbow Card Series | Episode 1 | Unity Stamp Company

Happy day friends! Crystal here with my first installment of June's Rainbow series for my Color Combos with Crystal. Nothing says summer quite like a rainbow!  I am so excited to be sharing this card made with the gorgeous florals from You Are Forever Beautiful kit and sentiment from the same set.

If you have not seen this set yet, you should definitely check it out; I absolutely adore this stamp set.



On my project for this post, I started out with a white background base since I thought this would especially make those rainbow paint strokes pop.



Let me tell you how I made this!

  1. Trim a white piece of cardstock to fit over card base.
  2. Heat Emboss the flower from You Are Forever Beautiful using white embossing powder
  3. Heat emboss the sentiment in black powder
  4. Using a large watercolor brush, create a store moving from the outer edge of the card towards the center.
  5. Repeat step 4 with each color
  6. Allow a couple minutes drying time and add a second layer of color. Feather the ends by lifting the brush.
  7. Add splatters of white pigment ink or white water color
  8. Add Pretty Pink Posh jewels or embellishment of choice such as sequins.
  9. Mail it!




I of course made a video for this card! So please press play and let me know your thoughts!  I love seeing your creations on the Unity Show and Tell. Be sure to tag me!





Thanks so much for spending some time with me. Come by next Tuesday for the 2nd episode of this month's Rainbow cards series.



Crystal 

2 comments: