Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Unity Stamp Company | Color Combos with Crystal | Destination Happiness




Hi there friends! I'm here with my last installment of February's Color Combo's with Crystal. I hope you have enjoyed the color combinations so far, and if you missed those post you can find the first one here, a valentine inspired here, and a floral thank you card here.

Okay, back to this week's color combo inspiration I have combined two Unity stamp sets. Those being Destination Happiness and Consider Yourself Vintage. I loved the sentiments of Consider Yourself Vintage because they are quite clean and simple. Yet, the camper from Destination Happiness is quite cute! So, I got my scissors out and separated the camper from the larger sentiment included in that kit. Don't be afraid to separate your kits from each other, specially if they are in one piece. You will get more life out of them.... In my own opinion.

Color Combos with Crystal, Destination Happiness, Color Combinations, Consider Yourself Vintage

The colors for this color combo inspiration are the gorgeous dark blue called Dapper Denim, the spicy orange called Pumpkin Pie, the soft gray which is Smoky Slate and black!

Destination Happiness

To begin, I have trimmed and folded my card base. Then on a separate piece of cardstock, I stamped my cut out camper from Destination Happiness and colored with my Copic markers, that best matched the card stock I have. Once the camper was dried up, I hand cut the camper and set aside.

Destination Happiness

Using a black ink, I stamped the "have a nice journey" from Consider Yourself Vintage.

Color Combos with Crystal, Destination Happiness, Color Combinations, Consider Yourself Vintage

Above my stamped sentiment, I added a little puddle of light gray ink to place my camper on it. I thought it would look like gravel :)

Color Combos with Crystal, Destination Happiness, Color Combinations, Consider Yourself Vintage

Color Combos with Crystal, Destination Happiness, Color Combinations, Consider Yourself Vintage

And that my friends, was how I made my clean and simple card! I made a tutorial video for this too which can be found on Unity YouTube channel.

Hugs to you,

Crystal

0 comments:

Post a Comment