Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Inspired By Stamping January Release

Hi there fellow stampers, Crystal here as your guest designer on this gorgeous last day of the month. 

Today I get to show you not only one, but five cards I made with the Inspired by Stamping January release.  This release was so versatile I just could not put it down. Let’s get started!

First I want to begin this watercolor wonder in pink. First I started with a white piece of Neenah cardstock and water colored four shades of pink, slightly layering them. While I waited for that to dry, I splattered pink and black. Once that was dried, I heat embossed in black, the large “love” sentiment. Next the second sentiment is heat embossed in white on black card stock and adhered with 3D foam. To finish the card,  mat it to a black cardstock and place on your card base.

Next up is a set of cards, these are on a vanilla colored card stock. Begin by stamping the “love” sentiment on red, then follow stamping the same sentiment in gray. You can use a ruler to keep them straight, but here I chose to freehand the stamping. Next, heat emboss in white the lower part of the sentiment and attach with 3D foam under the red “love”.

 To finish off, I added clear dew drops. This is a simple way to make several cards in one sitting. You can alternate the main “love” color or change the sentiment at the bottom, such as I have done.

Third is a clean and simple beauty. Begin by die cutting the “love” sentiment on white cardstock 3 times. I am terrible at lining stuff up, so I used a ruler and marked the area to be cut. Next, place 3 coordinating pieces of cardstock behind the cut and adhere in the back. Using the little pieces of the “l, o, v, & e” attach those to the patterned paper to make your die cut look complete. To finish, using large pieces of foam, adhere the card base to the die cut cardstock.

Last but not least, I have a fun shaker card! To begin, stamp the heart on to the white card base using 4 shades of inks. Next, stamp the “sending you” in black. Proceed to die cut the “love” sentiment and a frame from black card stock. Trim a piece of acetate to match your black frame and adhere that to the frame. Now to the shaker part, using a double sided foam roll adhesive, create a frame on the back of the acetate. Make sure to make this frame tight on each corner, so your sequins don’t fall out. Place sequins and glue the card base to the frame with the sequins in it. To finish, adhere the “love” sentiment on the acetate. I used Ranger matte glue for this.

Wow! I am one tired girl! This release has been so much fun to create with and can be used in many settings. Of course, I selected Valentine’s Day colors as that is what I plan on sending these cards for.

Thank you so much for sticking along with me today!

Crystal


0 comments:

Post a Comment