Monday, March 26, 2018

Spellbinders| March Release Scored & Pierced Frames

Hi there! Crystal Thompson here for Spellbinders, I am so excited to be guest designing this month and getting to play with the newest release of MUST have dies. For this project I used the Nestabilities Scored and Pierced Squares Etched Dies and Nestabilities Scored and Pierced Rectangles Etched Dies



I wanted to create something clean and simple that would exemplify the square dies. I must warn you this post is photo heavy as I hoped a step-by-step pictorial would be most beneficial . 


To begin, I die cut a piece of white cardstock that matches my cardbase using the largest of the Rectangles . 

Then I measured out where I was to stamp my image and color, so I set the two square dies and drew a pencil mark on the outer square.

I stamped my flower images inside and around of the pencil mark.
Now, it's time to color. Using the following Copic markers I shaded my flowers.
 The colors below were used to color the leaves.
Once the image was completely colored, it was ready to be die cut. 
 Using the Square Scored & Pierced frames I placed them on my image, and secured them with washi tape.
 The result was two evenly cut square and frames, and stamped the sentiment below the squares.
 With flat adhesive I placed the outer frame on the card panel. Then with foam adhesive I raised the center square.

To add a touch of gold, I placed gold sequins on the center frame.

It's this a fun way to you those gorgeous Scored & Pierced frames?
For my Spellbinders Supplies I used:
Other Supplies:
  • Avery Elle Hand drawn Floras
  • Copic Markers
  • Foam Adhesive
  • Pretty Pink Posh Gold Confetti Sequins



My hope today is that you enjoyed this tutorial. Thank you so much for joining me.

Crystal 






1 comments:

  1. Thank you for your step-by step post as it made it easier to understand and follow through this whole process. I have square dies so can't wait to try it hopefully tonight. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete