Friday, January 17, 2014

Cut@Home 1st Project

Howdy and welcome! This post is my very 1st project for the Cut@Home design team. I am soo honored and humbled to be part of this great team. To see Cut@Home's Blog  click HERE
 Today we are featuring My Favorite Things "Dandelion Wishes"stamp set. This set is absolutely gorgeous and very versatile! I could not pick a project to start with because of all the possibilities. One of my favorite things about My Favorite Things is the selection of stamps with a distinctive air.  With this in mind I decided to go back to the basics; stamping and layering.
My Favorite Things Card
To begin this card was paper selection. Cut@home has a great selection of paper, and since I am a bit colored blind I played it safe and used DCWV Blossom Song stack. This stack comes with 45 12"x 12" sheets with a variety of glitter and solid card stock.  I love the ability to pick 3 sheets and know that the color combo is done for me.  I trimmed two pieces 2" x 5.5" and the green piece .5"x 4.5".  On the green piece I made a little ribbon by simply cutting a "triangle" on the end.  Next I used Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circle on a light blue piece of card stock from my DCWV Blossom song stack.
zoomin
Next I stamped 2 flower images on white card stock with pigment ink and cut them out. Once that is done I made this gorgeous banner with JustRite Stampers "Bunting and Buttons".  These are some awesome dies that make the perfect banner every time. Again I use some glittered card stock from my DCWV Blossom Song stack. Once everything was cut, I simply put it together as follows: On the white card, glue a piece of your 2in strips. Second, glue your other piece of 2in strip slightly over that one. Next use foam adhesive on your circle and place that on top of the two pieces of patterned card stock. Once that is set, place your thin piece of patterned paper on top of the circle. Remember those cute flowers we stamped and cut? Well it is time for those babies to go on. I decided to use foam adhesive on one and regular glue dots on the other flower and stem. Now time for the perfect banner up at the corner.
Want2Scrap Bling
Last but not least I added some pearls from Want2Scrap Beautiful Bling Strips in Pink. Ta da! How easy was that?! You can use a sentiment from the My Favorite Things Dandelion Wishes, however I decided to leave my blank.
Supply List:
supplies
My Favorite Things Dandelion Wishes Stamp Set -Item # MPD2
DCWV Blossom Song Stack -Item# PS-005-00151
JustRite Stampers Bunting and Buttons -Item# SW-04415
Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circle -Item#SW-114
  Want2Scrap Beautiful Bling Strips in Pink -Item #4039
Pigment Ink
White Card stock
Foam adhesive



0 comments:

Post a Comment