Thanks for joining me, today I am demonstrating a new technique using water colors and heat embossing. With Memorial day weekend upon us I am using Hero Arts Operation Write Home stamp set in "You Are A Rainbow". 25% of the profits from the sale of the Operation Write Home stamp sets are donated to the organization Operation Write Home. OWH sends blank handmade greeting cards to our nations armed forces.
So let's get started.
1. Make your card base from card stock. 5.50 x 4.25 inches.
2. Trim water color paper to 5.25 x 4.00 inches.
3. Round corners of water color paper.
4. Using a wet brush, moisten the water color sheet prior to coloring.
5. Dab colors in a circle motion.
6. Once water coloring is complete, proceed to dry with heat embossing gun.
7. Stamp Hero Arts image with Versa Mark watermark stamp pad.
8. Place embossing powder over the stamped image and shake off excess.
9. Emboss with heat gun.
10. Once embossing is dry and cool, place embellishment of gems for the "silver lining".
11. Glue to the card base.
Pretty easy, and the effect is gorgeous. Here is a set by step video:
Hero Arts Operation Write Home clear stamp set in "You're a rainbow"
Versa Mark Watermark stamp pad
Water color paper and solid color card stock
Silver embossing powder
Embossing heat gun
Have a safe and enjoyable Memorial day weekend. Thanks and Happy Scrappin'!